Learn how to use Okta to create a Zero Trust environment in a landscape where people are the new perimeter. This hands-on course is full of tips for expanding your security footprint with Okta.
You successfully use Okta today to securely manage identity and application and system access. Yet the distributed nature of today’s workforce combined with the sheer volume of in-cloud and on-premise IT resources requires a modern, identity-centric approach to securing your organization’s assets and protecting the perimeter.
Using Okta’s Policy Framework, you will gain experience configuring zone-based multi-factor enrollment (MFA) policies to govern user and application access as well as learn how to protect sensitive data and manage privileged access in your server architecture using Okta Advanced Server Access. This class explores Okta ThreatInsight’s ability to identify people and device access patterns associated with threat actors or malicious traffic. This data is leveraged by Okta’s contextual response framework providing you with the opportunity to implement passwordless authentication policies. Finally, automations and System Log queries will not only strengthen your security posture but also bring you a step closer to supporting some of the most rigorous compliance standards.
By attending this course, you will gain the skills to:
- Enhance your company’s security posture using a rich set of Okta tools.
- Identify Okta Adaptive MFA capabilities and integration scenarios.
- Decide what are the best factors and security policies for distinct business scenarios.
- Configure policies for MFA enrollment and MFA enforcement.
- Implement MFA for accessing cloud and on-premises Applications.
- Secure infrastructure resources using Okta’s Advanced Server Access.
- Identify use cases and scenarios where different authentication flows may be required.
- Set up Behavior Detection to identity threats due based on SSO velocity, device context, or IP location.
- Configure passwordless authentication.
- Simplify user lifecycle activity using Okta’s Automations.
- Detect possible security risks quickly and consistently via queries in the System Log.
To be successful in this course, you should have:
- Completed Okta Essentials or minimally have one year of Okta administration experience.
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta tenant + virtual machine to complete the labs.
Relevant Role – Administrator, Implementation Consultant
- October 25-26, 2021 9a-5p Virtual
October 25, 2021 - October 26, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 22-23, 2021 9a-5p Virtual
November 22, 2021 - November 23, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm