Advanced Mastering Techniques with Okta
Do you want to use Okta in complex mastering scenarios, such as involving multiple user domains or consolidating identities across multiple systems, including custom apps or HR as Master? Take this course to apply advanced techniques to integrate Okta with multi-source mastering.
You have successfully migrated your existing users from multiple user stores into Okta by creating new accounts or linking to existing accounts. However, you have not yet determined how Okta will manage your users’ rich profile data to create their unique identities in Okta. You have also found it extremely challenging to synchronize your users’ profiles between multiple user stores, apps, and services as more people join your organization: they change roles over time, manually update their own information, and eventually leave voluntarily or are terminated.
In this course, you will first define how the Okta profile attributes are populated with the correct “source of truth” leveraging Universal Directory. Next you will deploy provisioning solutions using Lifecycle Management to potentially manage the entire life cycle (creation, password synchronization, updates, and deactivation) of your Okta users.
By attending this course, you will gain the skills to:
- Choose the correct mastering integration and strategy for your company.
- Establish Active Directory as your Master to manage accounts as employees are hired, transferred, or promoted.
- Understand Lifecycle Management/Provisioning concepts.
- Leverage the Profile Editor to add and manage the mapping of attribute data using Universal Directory.
- Assess the benefits of connecting SaaS apps such as your Cloud HR system to Okta.
- Connect to a cloud application, such as BambooHR or Salesforce, to Okta as a Master and trigger downstream provisioning to Active Directory.
- Configure Attribute Level Mastering.
To be successful in this course, you should have:
- Familiarity with Okta Administration
- Experience integrating Active Directory
- Basic understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Students use their own computers.
- Okta provides access to an Okta tenant + virtual machine to complete the labs.
- October 4-5, 2021 9a-5p Virtual
October 4, 2021 - October 5, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 1-2, 2021 9a-5p Virtual
November 1, 2021 - November 2, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm